Day 43
Today I once again went to a park to read (I might have mentioned I'm trying to see as many parks as I can before it gets too cold). Today I went to Green Park. It's basically the archetypal London park. Grass. Trees. Benches. Lamp posts.


It also borders Buckingham Palace (it's kitty-corner to St. James' Park) which you can see through the trees.

This is a really cool fountain.



So I was trying to get to the St. Paul's tube stop, not realizing it was closed, and when I got to the stop just passed it I thought I'd just missed it while I was reading, so I went across and took the train going back the other way, and of course it didn't stop then either, so I was just very confused until I heard the announcement that St. Paul's was closed. Then I felt pretty dumb for having passed it like 3 times. So I walked from Chancery Lane. When I got to St. Paul's I saw a bride and groom taking pictures outside. I mean, I guess people must get married there, but it's just so
huge, it's hard to imagine.

This is St. Paul's

I just thought this looked really cool with all the clouds.

The reason I was trying to get down here anyway was to go to the Tate Modern on the south bank of the Thames. It's an old factory that was converted into a modern art museum (this is the Millenium Bridge I'm crossing).

A view from south of the Thames

The huge spider-plant statue thingy inside the Tate Modern. The yellow and blue things are bunkbed frames. There were a bunch of people just lying on them.


Random apple core statue that apparently you can climb on.

Not really sure.

I couldn't take any pictures of the artwork (obviously) but I did see some cool exhibits that had works by Picasso, Matisse, Monet, Jackson Pollock, Salvador Dali, de Chirico, and some others that I forget at the moment. It was cool, but I can only take so much modern art at a time.
Have I mentioned it's beautiful here?
No comments:
Post a Comment